Bonjour! My name is Kelli France but you can call me “Francypants.” I am the owner of France Photography and founder of Francypants Academy, where I consult photographers worldwide. I love my job! I have run France Photography for over 10 years. I specialize in newborns & Seniors (children who are coming home and leaving home for the first time).
When I was a little girl, I was fanatical about fashion and magazines because I wanted to be a supermodel. I’d simulate the poses and ideas in fashion magazines with my hot-pink film camera from Kmart. In order to build my modeling portfolio, I went to modeling school. There I learned about posing in front of a camera, applying make-up for headshots, interviewing skills, and walking on the runway. When I finally accepted that my legs were just too darn short to be a supermodel, I found myself behind the camera instead of in front of it.
While I have the nickname, “Francypants”, I’m no fancy-pants. I don’t own a large studio or take high-volume photos. I’m a Mama who works from home by choice while taking care of my 3½ children in Colorado Springs. In between editing photos and consulting photographers, I change diapers, take kids to lessons, cook “Kelli Krocker” meals, smooch sticky faces, and count down the days until date night.
With a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education, I founded Francypants Academy to combine my two loves: photography and teaching. I had been to several frustrating photo workshops where rock-star photographers teach methods that are difficult and unrealistic to implement when you don’t own a studio or do hundreds of sessions a year. At Francypants Academy, you’ll learn how to build a professional and profitable boutique business from home while maintaining your Mama-hood. You don’t need to work full-time or own a studio to be successful!
I have been published in Professional Photographers Magazine and Colorado Weddings Magazine. I was the keynote speaker to “The Savvy Sisterhood Photography Workshop” and have hosted workshops of my own. I am also a contributing writer to The Creative Mama Blog.
- My eggo is prego! Baby #4 is due October 12th 2011
- I like French fries and learned French in Jr. High but that’s about as French as I get
- I love to shop and have way too many shoes
- I can stick my entire fist in my mouth
- I have NINE siblings (2 brothers, 4 stepbrothers, 1 step sister, & 2 half sisters)
- I like riding my pink beach cruiser bike
- I heart Whole Foods…and any food, for that matter!
- I was voted “Most Likely to be a Walmart Greeter” in high school
- Reading is one of my favorite pastimes
- My husband and I went to “The Price is Right” on our honeymoon
- My kids’ personalities are like salsa: hot. medium. mild.
- My daughter was born on my birthday
- We have, not one, but TWO trampolines in our backyard
- I am a Mormon
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org,
call me at 719.339.0818,
or fill out the form below:
On Facebook? Twitter? Me too. Let’s chat!